Proper estate planning is an important component of your financial plan, as it can help your loved ones avoid an expensive, time-consuming process after you pass away.
An estate plan can also help you:
- Ensure the desired distribution of your assets.
- Minimize taxes, expenses, and unnecessary delays.
- Appoint guardians to care for your children.
- Provide financial security for your family.
- Make provisions in case you become incapacitated.
If you need help with estate planning these are three things to consider when getting started.